If we are serious with our blogs, we should spend some time updating it regularly. There are a lot of questions on the internet on how many hours should we spend on blogs in a regular basis. As stated in the title of this topic, I spend 4 hours a day. I try to stick to it to have some time with other daily chores.
The internet is so addicting sometimes with all the distractions that you may encounter while you surf the net. Distractions such as inviting videos, catchy gossips, cool pictures and others more. This takes up a lot of your time thus making you more unproductive and your time and effort is spent inefficiently. I know because I experience this too a lot more than you know actually. Hehe
To fix this habit, I created a to-do list but to make it more effective, I inserted the value of time well spent therefore I include the "4 internet hours per day basis". This is the list:
- Check my email - I receive notifications in email if someone commented on my blog
- Check my blog stats - page views and clicks through mybloglog stats and Google Analytics
- Make a blog post - not on a daily basis especially if I wanted to expose more to the public a featured post
- Read and leave a comment on other blogs - I have this favorite blogs of mine but I'll share those on my next blog post since I will be featuring them.
- Check on my blog - I have this addiction of making my blog look clean and professional
- Visit forums - this is quite boring but the information you will gather from here is the best..geeks are wonderful
- Look for more ideas on blog promotion - there are a lot of ideas in the net but not all works out, a 10 mistake to 1 correct ratio.
- Answer some questions on yahoo and other Q & A sites - I leave a link to my site usually after I answered the question properly.
- Check twitter and facebook - promote blog (yeah right) actually more on ramblings and rants
- Jot down the tasks I will do tomorrow - I add the tasks I wasn't able to accomplish at the top of the list for tomorrow.
That is all my fellow bloggers. I was able to spend double my productivity with this to-do list since I don't forget anymore the things that I will do and I avoid some distractions since I under time pressure. (4 hours per day remember?) Have a nice day!
Next thing to do...